What is the right amount to budget for an upcoming funeral? The answer to this question is unique for every family. Overall, the costs depend on the type of event that is desired, as well as the specific products selected. Here are some of the factors that will affect your final price when planning end-of-life services:
- Event: Do you want a large event, with many family and friends in attendance? The bigger the group, the more you can expect to spend for the funeral. Not only do you need a space large enough to host everyone, but other costs need to be considered for printed programs, food, and more.
- Venue: Where will the funeral or memorial services be held? Often, there are costs associated with the venue that is booked for the gathering. For example, you might pay for the use of a funeral home or event center. The cost of using church facilities will vary depending on the location and the policies for the congregation.
- Products: A variety of products are needed, depending on the way the person will be laid to rest. You will find these products offered with various price points and designs, depending on the specific features that you prefer. Common funeral products can be purchased through our funeral home such as caskets, vaults, and urns. Other products might include headstones, flowers, display pieces, memorial jewelry, and more.
- Cemetery Services: If the casket or burial urn will be placed in a cemetery, then there are associated costs for the burial plot, grave preparation, and administrative services. These prices vary depending on location, the size of the plot, and the specific details required at the cemetery.
- Funeral Home: The use of funeral home facilities is generally included in the package. It’s important to understand the specifics of your selected funeral package so you know the services that will be available for your family.
- Add-On Services: Certain funeral plans require optional services. For example, traditional funerals that include time for the viewing should also include embalming to prepare the body. Other add-on services might be venue setup, graveside services, transportation, and more.
At East Texas Funeral Home, we offer full-service solutions for our clients. When you choose a funeral or cremation package in Kilgore, TX, rest assured knowing that these costs cover the essential administrative services required. Our team assists with paperwork, insurance requirements, Veterans services, death certificates, and more.
Cost-Effective Solutions for Funeral Planning
If you are trying to keep costs low, it doesn’t mean that you have to skip the funeral services altogether. Direct cremation is the cheapest solution, which means the body is cremated without any additional services or events. In this case, sometimes the family designs a unique at-home gathering with the closest family members and friends. Or, direct cremation might be an option if you need to have a delayed service for some reason.
Even though direct cremation is a way to save money, it isn’t the best solution for every family. Many people find healing through a formal or informal event. Even a simple gathering can be an important step in designing an experience that supports the needs of the living. If you don’t want a formal funeral, then you might consider memorial services or a life celebration instead.
Cremation opens up your options by freeing up the cash that would have been spent on a casket and burial plot. For example, some families prefer to skip the burial costs and use that money to host a unique party instead. Evaluate your family traditions, as well as the desires of the deceased.
Local, Family-Owned Funeral Home
You deserve quality services for funeral and cremation in Kilgore, TX. We invite you to contact our caring team at East Texas Funeral Home. The beautiful funeral home is located at 6522 McCann Rd, Longview, TX 75605. Call any time when you are ready to schedule a consultation: (903) 757-8898.