Here are some of the reasons why you will be glad that you chose a family-owned business:
- A Staff that Understands the Community: The smallest nuances of a community can play a big role in the traditions and practices included in the funeral services. When a funeral home is reporting to a corporate office, this personalization changes. At East Texas Funeral Home, we work hard to maintain relationships in the local community to ensure the highest levels of service are offered when families need support.
- Affordable Funeral Packages: The pricing of funeral services varies depending on the specific details included in each funeral package. But rest assured knowing that a local business can pass the savings onto you by minimizing overhead costs. Corporate funeral companies need to report to shareholders, which means that they might be focused more on the bottom line than on their customers.
- Personalized Options: Every funeral should be as unique as the person being honored. If you want a truly personalized event, then the best solution is to hire a local company. At East Texas Funeral Home, we focus on the traditions and unique requests of each family, making it easy to design services that create a memorable day for your loved ones.
- Convenient Facilities: Minimize your travel time for the funeral by choosing a funeral home that is near your family. Convenience is essential, especially when you need to travel to the funeral home multiple times before the event. On the day of the funeral, you will be glad that you didn’t have to spend hours in the car.
- Compassion and Care: At East Texas Funeral Home, we truly care about building real relationships with our clients. When you choose our family-focused funeral home, you will see that we provide care for both the deceased and the living. Our team dedicates the time you need as you are evaluating your options and designing the right funeral services.
Designing the Right Event for Your Loved One
What is the best way to design a funeral service? The specifics of the event vary depending on your requests and preferences. We offer full-service solutions for those clients that desire traditional funerals. You can talk to our team about everything from embalming to the funeral procession, graveside services, printed programs, and more.
At the same time, a variety of alternative funeral plans are also available. You might decide that memorial services are a better fit for your loved ones. A memorial can be as formal or informal as you prefer. It is often similar to a traditional funeral. But the casket is not present at the event.
Another option for funeral and cremation in Marshall, TX is to design a life celebration. This party-like event can include the person’s favorite foods, activities, and music. Some families want to celebrate the accomplishments of the deceased instead of having a formal, sit-down service. This event can be held at any location of your choice, including a park or back yard if desired.
Finally, don’t overlook the benefits that come with cremation. Choosing direct cremation means that you will receive basic services to reduce the body to ashes. Then, your family has the full flexibility to decide what to do after the cremation is finished. For example, you might hold a small memorial at home with a few of your closest friends and family. Or, some people want to keep it simple with a quiet ceremony when the ashes are scattered.
Funeral Planning, Your Way
The most important thing to remember is that there isn’t a right or wrong way to plan funeral services. When you are honoring a loved one, you can show how much you care by designing an event that maintains family traditions and respects the desires of the deceased.
Our team is here to assist with every detail for funeral and cremation planning in Marshall, TX. You are invited to schedule a consultation with us at East Texas Funeral Home. We have a beautiful funeral home that can be used for the event, located at 6522 McCann Rd, Longview, TX 75605. Call at your convenience: (903) 757-8898.